How to Order Tickets
(General Terms and Conditions)
1. All orders are requested in writing by January 8, 2014 (from patrons, subscribers, individual ticket orders) and should be addressed to:
TICKET OFFICE OF THE SALZBURG FESTIVAL
Postfach 140, 5010 Salzburg, Austria
Fax: +43.662.8045.555, Telephone: +43.662.8045.500
firstname.lastname@example.org • www.salzburgfestival.at
Orders received after this deadline will only be processed after the orders placed before the deadline have been filled.
2. Patrons’ and subscription orders will be processed before individual ticket orders.
3. When ordering a space for a wheelchair, please state whether you require a seat nearby for a person accompanying you. You can find detailed information about all spaces for wheelchair users in the individual venues at www.salzburgfestival.at/wheelchairs
4. You will be notified about the status of your order by March 31, 2014 at the latest.
5. Direct sales from March 31, 2014 onwards:
SALZBURG FESTIVAL SHOP • TICKETS
Hofstallgasse 1, 5020 Salzburg
Mon–Fri, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
from July 1, 2014: Mon–Sat, 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
from July 18, 2014: daily 9:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
6. Online ticket sales
You can buy your tickets for the 2014 Whitsun Festival beginning immediately and for the summer beginning on March 31, 2014 directly at www.salzburgfestival.at by using the interactive season overview. Since not all available tickets are sold through the website, it is possible that tickets are still available although they may be marked as “sold” online.
7. Tickets will be sent by registered mail for an additional fee, or will be held at the Salzburg Festival ticket office. Per invoice, depending on the country of origin, this additional fee is € 6,– for Austria, € 7,– for Germany, and for all other countries 1% of the invoice sum, but at least € 12,–. After July 1, tickets will not be mailed, but only held at the ticket office, where they can be picked up.
8. Payments should only be made after receipt of the invoice, and within the time indicated on the invoice. The Salzburg Festival accepts the following credit cards: Master Card, American Express, Diners Club, Visa, JCB. It is also possible to pay via wire transfer and on-site in cash as well as with an ATM card (Maestro). Starting three weeks before the event, only credit card payments or cash payments on-site / ATM payments will be accepted.
9. All ticket orders and purchases are binding. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept optional ticket reservations and cannot exchange tickets once they have been purchased or ordered. Ticket returns are only possible for sold-out performances for resale on commission; a 10% cancellation fee applies.
10. It is your responsibility to check the details printed on your tickets. Should you discover mistakes, please contact the ticket office as soon as possible.
11. Purchasing tickets for professional or commercial resale requires the prior consent of the Salzburg Festival.
12. Changes of cast or program as well as changed beginning times of performances do not justify a return of tickets. Should there be changes, the Salzburg Festival will do its utmost to inform ticket holders. However, it is your responsibility to stay informed about possible changes. The most current information is available on our website, www.salzburgfestival.at
13. The Salzburg Festival reserves the right to offer guests other seats than the ones indicated on the tickets, within the same category as the purchased one, should organizational reasons require such changes.
14. Due to the difference in nature of the venues Domplatz (Cathedral Square) and Grosses Festspielhaus (Large Festival Hall), in case of a performance of Jedermann in the Grosses Festspielhaus adjoined seating cannot be guaranteed, as well as the arrangement of seats and rows may vary.
15. By purchasing a ticket, the visitor accepts the house rules of the Salzburg Festival.
16. These terms and conditions are subject to Austrian law; the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is excluded.
17. Hotel bookings should be made directly or via www.salzburg.info